Thursday, November 26, 2009

Logo Design Assignment

Before I start to talk about my logo sketches, I would give a brief introduction or theory I heard from lecturer about designing logo.

Logo must be:
distinctive /unique
coherent/relevant
abstracted
simplified
stylized
rafted in good aesthetics
identify
add value and meaning
to illuminate
to clarify
dramatize
persuade or amuse

But soemtimes design logo can be very subjective because we saw before some logo did not fulfill the all the things i stated above, so depends on you
Color choices also limited to three colour choices to use on the logo

There are 4 types of logo:
Workmark Logo ( Text only)
Lettermark Logo(abbreviation + image)
Brandmark Logo (Image only)
Iconic Logo (Image and Text)
Combo Logo

Below are the sketches for one of the assignments that I have been busying doing which is design a Malaysian International Batik Exposition logo.


I try to blend the "canting" tool with flower petals together, to represent batik with the canting tool.

this is just a simply sketch and lecturer somehow like the idea of this...and persuade me to study further on this

Lecturer also like the idea of Rafflesia to represents Malaysia and the postive and negative patterns played on the petals to represents batik.. but i not planning to use this yet because other student have the same idea of using rafflesia...

this is more on fantasy like, feel, but lecturer said I put too much things blend together.. u will find this logo is illusion kind of logo.. got Hibicus, got 2 fishes and also a butterfly.. the reason I did that way is too show different cultures found in Malaysia as we have different races. The fish is somewhat represents the chinese as they like this kind of fishes which i forgot the name. Gold fish? i think.. and Hibicus represent Malaysia and Butterfly can represent Malay batik..and the colour choices is like a mixture or 3 races (red = chinese, yellow = indian, blue = malay?) =.="



this one is my first idea of the logo .. but seems not very batik enough as I actually wanna try to make it look more modern way of batik.

C&C are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment